Covid Vaccines Availability Increasing
Floridians over age 65 are eligible for a Covid vaccination; but many are having difficulty finding a location for the first dose. The situation is improving, and yes, patience is still a virtue. Here are various locations to continuously check to score an appointment for that first dose.
First and foremost, the state has a website allowing you to sign up and advise your county of residence. It is available at MyVaccine.Fl.gov.
Publix continues to offer availability one or two days per week. The next appointments will be made available for sign up on Monday, February 15th at 7AM. You can access their sign-up link at that time. The link is the Publix link.
New additions to increase availability are coming soon at Sam’s Club and Walmart. You can find their information at:
This February and it is American Heart Month. It is a good time to remember several key health elements we control for enhancing a healthy heart. These include:
- A diet that encourages whole grains, fruits vegetable fish and olive oil
- Reduce sugar intake. Sugar is often hidden in soda, sweets and even some yoghurts
- Embrace healthy fats to include salmon, avocadoes olive oil, etc.
- Eat antioxidants (colorful produce) blueberries, grapefruit, carrots, and many others
- Try whole grains for breakfast such as oatmeal
- Sleep is very important. Turn off the computer and telephone
- And best of all, “some” dark chocolate is a good for you…small portions only!
The staff at First Care is here and available for all your health needs. We perform many tests in our on-site lab including Rapid PCR Covid 19 tests.
We offer same or next day appointments. Call us at 239-260-5307