Lab Testing Performed at First Care in Naples, FL
Lab testing is often an essential part of the healthcare process. These tests can be valuable tools to help physicians monitor the effectiveness of medications and pinpoint the cause of a patient’s symptoms.
If you need lab testing performed, you’ll want to choose a convenient location in Naples, FL, that can provide the fast and accurate results you need. With First Care, you can have blood work and other lab tests completed without ever having to step a foot outside of our office. We’re open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and we never require appointments for lab testing or other services.
To help you manage your health, a medical professional at First Care in Naples, Florida, may order one or more types of lab testing. We can perform a blood draw and many other lab tests in our office (some tests are sent to an outside lab, but we interpret and explain the results on site). At First Care, you can receive the following types of lab testing:
- Complete blood count (CBC) — A CBC measures the amounts of the various types of cells in the blood, including red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets. The results can be used to screen for certain health conditions, such as anemia, and determine a patient’s nutritional status.
- Prothrombin time — This blood clotting (coagulation) test can be used to evaluate a patient’s risk of developing blood clots or bleeding disorders, or to monitor the effectiveness of blood-thinning medications.
- Basic metabolic panel — This type of lab testing measures glucose, sodium, potassium, calcium, chloride, carbon dioxide, blood urea nitrogen, and creatinine, which provide important information about a patient’s blood sugar level, electrolyte and fluid balance, and kidney function.
- Lipid panel – This group of tests, which provide information about cholesterol and triglyceride levels, can be used to evaluate a patient’s cardiac risk.
- Cultures — This type of lab testing can be used to diagnose and determine the appropriate antibiotic for treating flu, strep throat, mononucleosis, and urinary tract infections.
For lab testing, X-rays, and other diagnostic evaluations, as well as a full range of treatments and preventive care services, you can turn to the trusted primary care experts right in your own neighborhood at First Care in Naples, FL. For many people, seeing a doctor can be a stressful experience, but we think you’ll feel comfortable as soon as you walk through the doors of our walk-in clinic in Naples. To get started, stop by today.