DOT Physicals Naples – Conveniently Performed by First Care in Naples, FL
DOT Physicals Naples – Drivers of commercial vehicles are required by law to receive regular DOT physicals, which are medical examinations performed in accordance with regulations established by the Department of Transportation (DOT). To comply with federal law, DOT physicals must be performed by an examiner who meets certain qualifications and is listed in the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) National Registry. The First Care providers have been qualified by DOT and are approved to administer DOT physicals in Naples, FL.
DOT physicals, which are essentially medical “fitness for duty” examinations, provide assurance that commercial drivers can operate their vehicles safely. To do so, an examiner at First Care in Naples, Florida, will perform a comprehensive physical assessment,
DOT Physicals Naples – What do they include?
DOT physicals include an evaluation of several key areas to look for specific issues, including the:
- Eyes — vision, cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration
- Ears — hearing, scarring of tympanic membrane, perforated ear drums
- Mouth and throat — breathing or swallowing problems
- Heart — murmurs, extra sounds, a pacemaker
- Lungs and chest (not including a breast examination) — abnormal breathing, impaired respiratory function, cyanosis
- Abdomen — muscle weakness, enlarged or painful liver, spleen, kidneys, intestines, pancreas, bladder, gallbladder, appendix, abdominal aorta
- Vascular system — abnormal pulse, carotid, varicose veins
- Genitourinary system — hernias
- Extremities — limb impairment
- Musculoskeletal system — motion limitations, tenderness
- Nervous — impaired equilibrium, speech pattern, ataxia, asymmetric deep tendon reflexes
DOT Physicals at First Care
At First Care, we make DOT physicals both simple and convenient. We know your time is valuable, and the last thing you want to do is sit in a doctor’s office waiting for an exam. That’s why we don’t require appointments. Instead, you can simply walk in at any time during our regular business hours, receive the necessary examination, and be on your way with a completed DOT physical form in hand. To expedite this process, we recommend that you bring with you a list of all medications you are taking, any glasses or hearing aids that you use, a photo ID, and any other documentation that is routinely required for your DOT physicals, such as a stress test or CPAP download.
How much do DOT Physicals cost? Will my employer pay for them?
We provide DOT physicals at an affordable price. If you are employed, this cost is usually covered by your employer. However, it will depend on your specific contractual arrangement with your employer.
More Information about DOT Physicals in Naples
For more information about DOT physicals, contact First Care in Naples, FL. Based on a comprehensive physical examination and lab testing performed on site, we can provide the confirmation you need to safely operate a commercial vehicle — and the peace of mind that goes along with it.
You can Schedule an Appointment, call us at 239.260.5307 or drop in at our walk-in clinic in Naples.