Cholesterol Management – First Care in Naples, FL, Can Help You Stay Healthy
The cholesterol management services available through First Care help many individuals in the Naples, FL, area enhance their health and well-being. Essential for healthy body function, cholesterol is a waxy substance found in the blood fats (lipids). While a sufficient amount of cholesterol is normally produced naturally by the body, it is also derived from many food sources, such as meats, poultry, and full-fat dairy products. Excess cholesterol can build up and form a sticky plaque on the artery walls, making it harder for the heart to circulate blood.
High cholesterol is a major, yet controllable, risk factor for heart attack, stroke, and coronary heart disease. Therefore, cholesterol management is essential for individuals who have elevated cholesterol levels as well as other risk factors, such as high blood pressure, diabetes, smoking, or a family history.
If you think you may have high cholesterol or are concerned about your family history, you are welcome to consult with the experienced team of medical professionals at First Care in Naples, Florida. We can help you assess your personal risk level for heart disease and develop a personalized cholesterol management program for you – and you don’t need a referral or an appointment to meet with us.
First Care can provide the following cholesterol management services:
- A comprehensive review of your personal and family medical history to identify possible causes of high cholesterol and establish appropriate cholesterol management goals
- Initial and follow-up blood work (lipid panel) performed and interpreted on site
- Education on nutrition and assistance in choosing low-fat, low-cholesterol food sources
- Advice on positive lifestyle changes, such as increasing physical activity, losing weight, and quitting tobacco
- Medications as necessary to assist in achieving cholesterol goals
- Regular monitoring and follow-up
Because high cholesterol, like many other conditions, can result or worsen from preventive healthcare shortcuts, First Care offers services like cholesterol management that extend beyond routine and urgent care visits. By taking a proactive approach to healthcare, we ensure a patient experience that often exceeds expectations. And, because we understand that our patients lead busy and active lives, we emphasize convenience, offering everything from ample parking to minimal wait times. Stop by our veteran-owned clinic in Naples, FL, today for a free blood pressure check, and see firsthand what our cholesterol management services are all about.